Singapore's Minister of Trade and Industry, Gan Siow Huang said the US had withdrawn an "inaccurate statement" on bilateral trade balances in connection with Washington's move to launch probes into different countries last month, according to a report by Bloomberg on Tuesday.
Gan emphasized the city-state had a trade deficit with the US in 2024, as opposed to the US figures which showed a surplus, the report said.
The statement has since been removed by the US Trade Representative, amid investigations, the report added.
(Market Chatter news is derived from conversations with market professionals globally. This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed.)
Comments