CRCL at $82: Next Week Could Decide Whether We Revisit $90 or Break Toward $75
CRCL ended the week at $82.22, down 5.46% on Thursday after trading as high as $87.52 and as low as $80.62.
That looks ugly.
But underneath the price action, Circle just delivered one of the more interesting fundamental developments of the week: it plans to expand into roughly 40 additional emerging and developing markets, while USDC adoption continues moving beyond crypto trading toward payments and settlement.
So next week sets up a fascinating conflict:
Fundamentals are expanding. The stock is contracting.
My question is whether that divergence finally closes.
🔴 WHY CRCL COULD NOT HOLD $87
The chart tells us something important.
CRCL managed to rally from roughly $75 to $87+, but sellers immediately returned.
That makes $87-$88 a serious resistance area.
There were also three macro headwinds:
Bitcoin weakened toward the low-$80Ks.
Hot CPI/PPI revived rate fears.
High-beta technology and crypto-linked stocks were deleveraged.
CRCL therefore got caught between a good company-specific story and a bad environment for risk assets.
For next week, I think Bitcoin and Treasury yields will determine direction first. Circle fundamentals determine whether the move lasts.
🟢 THE FUNDAMENTALS ARE ACTUALLY GETTING MORE INTERESTING
Circle's latest expansion plan matters.
The company is targeting approximately 40 additional markets, particularly across Southeast Asia, Latin America, Africa and the Middle East.
That fits the larger thesis I have been following:
USDC is trying to evolve from a crypto trading instrument into global financial infrastructure.
Circle now has several pieces developing simultaneously:
USDC distribution.
Arc.
Binance's $100 million investment and renewed five-year relationship.
Tazapay.
Institutional payment infrastructure.
Cross-border settlement.
And potentially AI-agent micropayments.
But I still have one requirement:
Distribution must become monetisation.
Announcing 40 markets is exciting.
I want to see those markets eventually produce higher USDC circulation, transaction activity and revenue
That will matter enormously when Circle reports earnings on 4 November.
🔵 MY CRCL LEVELS FOR NEXT WEEK
The close around $82 puts CRCL right on my first accumulation zone.
🟡 $80-$83: First Pick
We are here.
I would accumulate, but not deploy everything.
🟢 $75-$78: Preferred Pick
This is my favourite tactical zone.
Notice something interesting on the five-day chart: buyers already appeared around $75 during the previous washout.
A successful retest would be constructive.
🟢 $70-$74: Strong Pick
If CRCL gets here because Bitcoin or the broader market sells off while Circle's thesis remains intact, I become much more interested.
🟡 $87-$88: First Resistance
This is now the immediate battle.
🟢 $90-$92: Bullish Confirmation
Above $92, I think the chart changes character.
🟢 $98-$102: First Target
🟢 $108-$115: Bull Extension
🔴 Below $70: Thesis Check
At that point, I stop assuming this is simply volatility.
WHAT I EXPECT NEXT WEEK
I do not expect a straight-line rebound.
My highest-probability path is:
$82 → attempt $85-$88 → pullback/retest → decision around $88-$92.
Three scenarios:
🟡 50% BASE CASE: $79-$89
CRCL spends most of the week rebuilding after Thursday's rejection.
$80-$82 gets tested repeatedly, but holds.
We finish somewhere around $84-$88.
This would actually be constructive because CRCL needs consolidation more than another unsustainable spike.
🟢 30% BULL CASE: $90-$98
Bitcoin recovers, Treasury yields stabilise and CRCL clears $88.
Above $90-$92, momentum buyers return.
My next target becomes $95-$98, with $100 potentially tested if crypto sentiment improves sharply.
🔴 20% BEAR CASE: $72-$78
Bitcoin breaks down again or macro risk intensifies.
CRCL loses $80.
Then I expect $75-$78 quickly.
If $75 fails too, $72 becomes realistic.
That would be uncomfortable, but provided Circle's fundamentals remain intact, it could also produce my preferred accumulation opportunity.
THE THREE NUMBERS I AM WATCHING
$80
Immediate support.
Hold it and CRCL can rebuild.
$88
The sellers' line.
CRCL has to prove it can absorb supply here.
$92
My confirmation level.
Above $92, I stop thinking "bounce" and start thinking reversal.
That is the number I really care about.
BITCOIN IS STILL THE WILDCARD
Bitcoin is around the low-$82Ks after recently dipping below $80K.
My rough framework:
🔴 BTC below $80K: CRCL probably struggles to hold $80.
🟡 BTC $80K-$85K: CRCL likely remains range-bound.
🟢 BTC above $85K: $87-$88 becomes attackable.
🟢 BTC above $90K: CRCL $92-$100 becomes much more realistic.
But CRCL is not simply a Bitcoin proxy.
That distinction becomes increasingly important as Circle builds payments and institutional infrastructure.
THE RATE PARADOX REMAINS
Circle has one unusual characteristic.
Higher rates hurt CRCL's valuation...
but can support Circle's reserve income.
So falling Treasury yields are not automatically perfect for the company either.
What I really want is stability.
A calmer bond market would allow investors to focus again on USDC growth, Arc and the upcoming earnings report instead of repricing the entire growth-stock universe every afternoon.
MY TRAFFIC LIGHT FOR NEXT WEEK
🟢 $75-$78: BUY ZONE
Provided the thesis remains intact.
🟡 $80-$87: ACCUMULATE / WAIT
This is where we are.
🟢 Above $88: MOMENTUM IMPROVES
🟢 Above $92: BREAKOUT CONFIRMATION
🔴 Below $70: STOP AND REASSESS
MY CALL
I am cautiously bullish on CRCL next week.
Not because I expect $100 immediately.
I think the more realistic path is:
Hold $80 → rebuild toward $85-$88 → fight for $90-$92.
My probability-weighted expectation is roughly $84-$88 by Friday, with a wider probable trading range of $79-$92.
The bullish surprise would be a clean $92 breakout.
The bearish surprise would be losing $80 early and revisiting $75.
And I actually like this setup better than I did when CRCL was chasing $90.
Why?
Because Circle's business story has become more interesting while the stock has become cheaper.
Forty new markets do not guarantee forty new revenue streams.
But they increase Circle's opportunities to prove that USDC can become something much larger than a crypto trading tool.
Now the stock needs to catch up with the story.
Or the story needs to explain why the stock refuses to.
Next week should give us another clue.
I am not a financial advisor. Trade wisely, Comrades!
My Friday call: $84-$88 base case. What is yours: below $80, $80-$90, or above $90?
If you find this post interesting, give it wings! 🪽 Repost and share the insights.
Do consider ‘Follow me’ and get firsthand read of my daily new post. Thank you.
@Daily_Discussion @TigerPM @TigerStars @TigerEvents @Tiger_SG
Modify on 2026-10-17 19:41
Disclaimer: Investing carries risk. This is not financial advice. The above content should not be regarded as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation on acquiring or disposing of any financial products, any associated discussions, comments, or posts by author or other users should not be considered as such either. It is solely for general information purpose only, which does not consider your own investment objectives, financial situations or needs. TTM assumes no responsibility or warranty for the accuracy and completeness of the information, investors should do their own research and may seek professional advice before investing.
- 1PC·10-17 23:24Nice Sharing 😁 @DiAngel @Aqa @koolgal @JC888 @Shyon @Barcode @Shernice軒嬣 2000LikeReport
- AuntieAaA·00:38GoodLikeReport
