MU at $878: Is This Finally the Buyable Flush, or Is $800 Coming Next?

$Micron Technology(MU)$  

Micron closed Friday at $878.84, down another 5.63%. From the five-day chart, MU has fallen from above $1,030 to below $880.

This is no longer a routine dip.

It is a full repricing of the memory trade.

But there is an important contradiction: the stock is pricing a substantial deterioration in the memory cycle while the evidence that Micron's AI-memory economics have actually collapsed is still much weaker.

That makes next week very interesting.

🔴 WHY MU KEEPS FALLING

Three fears have collided.

First, CXMT. Investors are worried its progress in server DRAM eventually introduces enough supply to weaken pricing power.

Second, the broader AI trade has suffered a confidence shock. Nasdaq fell sharply Friday and semiconductors were among the worst performers.

Third, hotter inflation and higher yields have made investors far less willing to pay extreme multiples for anything associated with AI.

But here is where I think the market may be getting ahead of itself.

CXMT demonstrating technological progress is not the same as proving high-volume production, competitive yields, customer qualification and leading-edge HBM capability.

That gap matters.

🟢 WHY I AM BECOMING MORE INTERESTED, NOT LESS

MU touched $875 Friday.

That puts us directly inside the zone I have been waiting for.

My previous plan was:

🟡 $860-$890: First Pick

🟢 $800-$840: Preferred Pick

🟢 $740-$790: Strong Pick

We are now at the first one.

I would therefore start accumulating here.

But I would not deploy everything at $878.

Why?

Because technically MU still has not proved the sellers are finished.

The chart remains lower highs and lower lows.

Cheap can become cheaper.

🚦 MY MU MAP FOR NEXT WEEK

🟢 $860-$890: FIRST PICK

We are here.

I am willing to start.

🟢 $800-$840: PREFERRED PICK

This is the zone I really want if another liquidation wave arrives without equivalent deterioration in HBM demand.

🟢 $740-$790: STRONG PICK

At this point sentiment would probably be extremely bearish.

If fundamentals remain intact, I would view that as potential capitulation territory.

🟡 $900-$920: FIRST RECOVERY

MU needs to reclaim this quickly.

🟢 $930-$950: REVERSAL CONFIRMATION

This is much more important.

Above $950, I become significantly more confident that the washout has ended.

🟢 $990-$1,020: BULLISH CONFIRMATION

This would put $1,050-$1,100 back into play.

🔴 Below $740: THESIS CHECK

I would no longer automatically call every decline an opportunity.

MY PREDICTION FOR NEXT WEEK

I think volatility remains extreme, but I now see a reasonable chance of a tradable rebound.

🟡 45% BASE CASE: $850-$940

MU tests the $850-$870 area early in the week.

Buyers appear, but $930-$950 remains difficult resistance.

My expected Friday zone would be roughly $890-$925.

This is my highest-probability scenario.

🟢 30% BULL CASE: $940-$1,000

The semiconductor selloff becomes exhausted.

MU holds $850-$875, buyers return aggressively and the market starts distinguishing HBM strength from conventional DRAM competition.

A break through $930-$950 could produce a surprisingly violent rebound because positioning has become so bearish.

Then $990-$1,000 comes back into play.

🔴 25% BEAR CASE: $780-$850

The semiconductor liquidation continues.

MU loses $850.

Then I think $820-$840 can arrive quickly.

If that fails, $780-$800 becomes my next major zone.

Importantly, I would distinguish between two versions of this decline.

MU at $800 because HBM demand is collapsing? Bad.

MU at $800 because investors are panic-selling semiconductors while HBM demand remains strong? Interesting.

Same stock price.

Completely different trade.

🔵 WHAT WOULD MAKE ME BUY MORE?

I want four things.

1. $850-$875 holds.

That would be our first evidence of seller exhaustion.

2. MU reclaims $900-$920.

First technical improvement.

3. $930-$950 breaks.

This is my real reversal signal.

4. HBM demand remains strong.

This is the most important one.

If HBM fundamentals remain intact while MU's valuation continues collapsing, eventually price and fundamentals should reconnect.

🔴 WHAT WOULD PROVE ME WRONG?

I would become much more cautious if:

CXMT demonstrates commercially competitive production at scale.

DRAM pricing expectations deteriorate sharply.

HBM demand or pricing weakens.

Major hyperscalers materially reduce AI capex.

Micron's customer commitments weaken.

Or MU keeps making lower lows even after semiconductor sentiment stabilises.

The mistake would be deciding in advance that every lower price must be a bargain.

THE CXMT QUESTION

This is where I think next week could become interesting.

The market has effectively moved through this chain:

CXMT breakthrough → more DRAM supply → weaker pricing → lower MU margins → memory supercycle ending.

That is a lot of conclusions from one technological development.

There is growing analyst pushback against the severity of that interpretation.

And that matters because when a stock keeps falling even as analysts defend the fundamental thesis, eventually one of two things happens:

The analysts capitulate.

Or the sellers exhaust themselves.

Next week may begin telling us which.

🚦 MY TRAFFIC LIGHT

🟢 $800-$840: BUY

My preferred zone.

🟢 $860-$890: START ACCUMULATING

We are here.

🟡 $900-$930: WAIT FOR CONFIRMATION

Do not confuse a bounce with a reversal.

🟢 Above $950: RECOVERY CONFIRMED

I would become much more constructive.

🔴 Below $740: STOP AND REASSESS

MY CALL

I am cautiously bullish from $878, but I expect another battle before a sustainable recovery.

My most likely path:

$878 → test $850-$870 → rebound toward $900-$930 → battle for $950.

My probability-weighted Friday expectation is approximately $890-$925.

My wider expected weekly range is $820-$950.

The number I care about most is no longer $1,000.

It is $950.

Reclaim $950 and I think the recovery story becomes credible.

Lose $850 convincingly and I prepare my capital for $800-$840.

And if MU actually gives me $800 while HBM demand remains strong?

I would rather be buying fear there than chasing enthusiasm above $1,000.

The market has already repriced MU from "perfect memory supercycle" toward "China is coming and AI spending may peak."

The opportunity appears if the truth ultimately lies somewhere between those extremes.

I am not a financial advisor. Trade wisely, Comrades!

My Friday call: $890-$925. Yours: below $850, $850-$930, or above $930?

If you find this post interesting, give it wings! 🪽 Repost and share the insights.

Do consider ‘Follow me’ and get firsthand read of my daily new post. Thank you. 

@Tiger_SG  @TigerEvents  @TigerStars  @TigerPM  @Daily_Discussion  

# 🎁 Write & Win | Buying the Dip? What Are You Buying?

Modify on 2026-10-17 19:41

Disclaimer: Investing carries risk. This is not financial advice. The above content should not be regarded as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation on acquiring or disposing of any financial products, any associated discussions, comments, or posts by author or other users should not be considered as such either. It is solely for general information purpose only, which does not consider your own investment objectives, financial situations or needs. TTM assumes no responsibility or warranty for the accuracy and completeness of the information, investors should do their own research and may seek professional advice before investing.

Report

Comment

  • Top
  • Latest
empty
No comments yet