💰 NVIDIA’s $45B Question: Can the AI Deal Talk Turn NVDA’s Rebound Into a Rally?

October 20, 2026 | Market prices: October 19 U.S. close. Forecasts below are the author’s illustrative scenarios.

$NVIDIA(NVDA)$ is back in the green. The stock closed October 19 at $217.09, up 1.4%, ending a three-session losing streak. But a rebound alone does not tell us whether buyers are rebuilding conviction.

Now investors have another headline to weigh: a potential $45 billion AI cloud agreement involving NVIDIA-backed Nscale and Anthropic.

The question for shareholders is straightforward:

Can this potential expansion turn into funded GPU demand—and help NVDA hold its recovery?

🏗️ What the $45 Billion Actually Means

Reuters reported on October 19 that Nscale and Anthropic were discussing another roughly $45 billion compute agreement. The proposed second Monarch facility in West Virginia would provide 460 megawatts using NVIDIA’s Vera Rubin chips. Talks remain ongoing and terms could change.

That is a potential cloud-service contract, not $45 billion of NVIDIA chip revenue. There is no disclosed GPU purchase value or NVIDIA revenue-recognition schedule attached to this proposed agreement.

📈 What the Stock Is Already Telling Us

NVDA: October 19, 2026

Verified figure

Open

$218.10

Intraday high

$219.62

Intraday low

$214.70

Close

$217.09

Daily change, as reported

0.014

Shares traded

98,403,300

Sources: Yahoo Finance historical data; IBD and Barron’s closing-market reports. These are completed-session figures, not live October 20 quotes.

The close was below the opening price despite the positive daily return. Buyers improved on the previous close, but did not hold the opening level through the finish.

For my watchlist, $219.62 is the previous session’s high to monitor, while $214.70 is its low. These are single-session reference points—not independently established, multi-week resistance or support.

A sustained move above the high would make the rebound more convincing. A break below the low would weaken that short-term reading. Neither outcome, by itself, determines the longer-term investment case.

💳 The Funding Question Still Matters

The Financial Times separately reported that the potential expansion faces financing and permitting hurdles. Its report also described payment for delivered computing capacity, with Nscale retaining the infrastructure and hardware.

That distinction matters for NVIDIA shareholders. Customer interest can be strong while deployment is slow. A project must move through financing, construction, power availability and equipment delivery before the full economic benefit becomes visible.

My reading: the headline supports the demand narrative, but a durable share-price recovery needs progress on execution. The next useful announcement would identify funding, delivery timing or concrete equipment commitments.

🎤 A Near-Term Catalyst: GTC Berlin

NVIDIA’s website lists GTC Berlin beginning October 20, with Jensen Huang’s keynote scheduled for October 21, 11 a.m.–1 p.m. CEST—5–7 p.m. in Singapore and Beijing.

I would listen for customer deployments, Rubin readiness and commercial details. Product announcements can support sentiment; evidence that customers can deploy and pay for capacity would do more to strengthen my conviction.

🎯 My NVDA Price Scenarios: The Next 2–6 Weeks

My starting view is constructive on prospective demand, cautious on the near-term stock. A large proposed contract can improve expectations, but it cannot settle funding risk or justify an exact earnings upgrade on its own.

Using the verified $217.09 close as the reference, here is an explicit sensitivity framework:

Scenario

Assumed price change

Implied price

Conditions I would look for

Bull

+10% to +15%

$238.80–$249.65

Firmer commitments, funding visibility and sustained buying above the prior-session high

Base

−5% to +5%

$206.24–$227.94

Talks continue; demand optimism and financing concerns offset each other

Bear

−15% to −10%

$184.53–$195.38

Delays, funding setbacks or a renewed broad AI-sector selloff

Author’s illustrative scenarios, not analyst targets or statistically estimated confidence intervals. Prices equal $217.09 multiplied by the stated percentage changes, rounded to cents. No probabilities are assigned. Actual outcomes may fall outside every range.

The base case is my working framework until firmer project details emerge. I would become more constructive if contract progress coincides with a sustained recovery above $219.62. A loss of $214.70 would make me more cautious about the immediate rebound; it would not automatically imply the bear-case price range.

🧠 The Bigger Picture

NVIDIA has a plausible path to benefit if this project advances, but the share price needs more than a large headline. My focus is the conversion from proposed cloud spending into financed infrastructure and identifiable hardware demand.

At $217.09, the stock has started to recover. Whether that becomes a rally depends on what gets confirmed next.

🗳️ What Would Make You More Bullish on NVDA?

A. A signed Nscale–Anthropic agreement

B. Clear project financing and delivery dates

C. Stronger customer deployment details at GTC

D. A sustained move above the previous session’s high

Which matters most to you: the size of the AI opportunity, or the certainty that customers can fund it?

For discussion only. Price scenarios are speculative and are not personalized investment advice.


Sources

Financial Times

Yahoo Finance historical prices

IBD

Barron’s

NVIDIA event schedule

Disclaimer: Investing carries risk. This is not financial advice. The above content should not be regarded as an offer, recommendation, or solicitation on acquiring or disposing of any financial products, any associated discussions, comments, or posts by author or other users should not be considered as such either. It is solely for general information purpose only, which does not consider your own investment objectives, financial situations or needs. TTM assumes no responsibility or warranty for the accuracy and completeness of the information, investors should do their own research and may seek professional advice before investing.

Report

Comment(4)

  • Top
  • Latest
  • 苏36
    ·10-20 18:50
    TOP
    B. Clear project financing and delivery dates.

    NVIDIA’s next leg higher depends on execution, not excitement. The proposed $45 billion Nscale–Anthropic deal sounds impressive, but cloud spending is not automatically NVIDIA revenue. Financing, power availability and GPU deliveries will determine how much demand translates into earnings.

    Confirmed funding matters more than headline contract values. GTC announcements may spark a rally, but execution sustains it.

    Technically, $219.62 is the key level to watch. A sustained breakout would strengthen the recovery, while a drop below $214.70 would signal hesitation.

    My stance is cautiously bullish over the next 2–6 weeks. NVIDIA has a structural advantage in accelerated computing, but even an exceptional business can disappoint when expectations outrun cash flows. I trust funded demand over billion-dollar headlines.

    @AI_FocusedTrader [思考]

    Reply
    Report
  • Jerry Lam
    ·10-20 18:08
    我选 **B:明确项目融资和交付日期**。相比450亿美元的潜在协议规模,我更关注这些需求能否真正转化为英伟达的订单和利润。

    原因很简单:**AI算力需求旺盛,不等于所有算力项目都具备落地能力。** 从签署合同到GPU交付,中间还涉及融资、电力供应、数据中心建设和设备部署,任何一个环节延误,都可能影响收入兑现。

    A选项的正式签约固然重要,但如果融资尚未落实,合同仍可能停留在纸面。C选项的GTC技术进展有助于提升市场信心,D选项的股价突破则更偏向短期交易信号。

    我还会特别关注一点:**450亿美元是潜在云服务合同金额,并不是英伟达可以直接确认的收入。** 真正有价值的是GPU采购规模、交付节奏,以及相关订单能否推动未来盈利预期上修。

    短期来看,NVDA能否持续站稳219.62美元值得观察,但我不会仅凭突破前一交易日高点就判断反转成立。

    **我的结论是:AI机会的规模决定想象空间,客户的融资能力和实际交付决定盈利兑现。长期股价最终还是要靠后者支撑。** 🐯

    Reply
    Report
  • 吉3186
    ·10-20 17:15
    看NVDA,我现在更关注的不是订单有多大,而是整个AI产业能不能形成健康的赚钱模式。

    我有三个不同的看法:

    1)450亿美元不等于英伟达赚450亿美元。
    Nscale与Anthropic仍在洽谈,协议金额代表潜在的算力支出,不是英伟达的芯片销售额。真正重要的是项目能否获得融资、顺利建设,以及客户能否按计划付款。

    2)AI需求强,不代表产业链每家公司都能受益。
    如果数据中心建设成本越来越高,算力公司的债务压力也会增加。一旦融资或供电出现问题,即使客户需要AI算力,订单也可能延迟。近期Nscale项目面临的融资与许可问题,正说明执行能力同样重要。

    3)我会观察AI能否创造实际回报。
    科技公司不断投入资金购买算力,但最终还要靠AI产品带来收入和利润。如果投入增长很快,实际回报却跟不上,市场就可能重新评估相关公司的估值。

    我的结论:NVDA的长期机会值得关注,但我不会单凭大额订单就判断股价一定上涨。 我更想看到正式合同、资金落实、芯片交付,以及客户的AI业务持续赚钱。

    想问问各位虎友:你认为未来AI产业最大的风险是什么?

    A. 芯片需求放缓
    B. 数据中心融资困难
    C. AI产品赚不到足够的利润
    D. 股价估值已经太高

    Reply
    Report
  • 吉3186
    ·10-20 17:14
    NVDA反弹是好事,但我认为,450亿美元的潜在AI云协议不能直接等同于英伟达的收入。

    我有三个看法:

    1)大订单不等于马上赚钱。
    Nscale与Anthropic的协议仍在谈判中。即使最终签约,还要看资金是否到位、数据中心何时建成,以及英伟达实际能卖出多少芯片。

    2)股价反弹,还需要后续表现确认。
    文章提到的219.62美元是前一交易日高点,可以作为短期观察参考,但单日突破不代表趋势一定反转。我更关注后续走势能否持续,以及成交量和市场情绪是否改善。

    3)长期投资要看业绩能否支撑估值。
    AI发展确实带来机会,但投资者还要关注客户资本开支、芯片需求、利润率和现金流。好公司也可能因为买入价格太高而影响投资回报。

    我的看法:我会继续关注NVDA,但不会只因为一个大订单标题就急着追高。 对新手来说,分批投资、控制仓位,比猜短期最高点和最低点更实际。

    如果只能选一个,你认为哪项最能增强你对NVDA的信心?

    A. 正式签署协议
    B. 确认融资和交付时间
    C. GTC公布更多客户部署细节
    D. 股价持续突破前期高点

    Reply
    Report